Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Shejidan. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Visitation (Spoilers); This is a discussion of the latest book
Topic Started: Apr 6 2016, 07:21 PM (4,787 Views)
Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
Citizen of the Association
I haven't finished it yet, but how interesting that Daddy Bjorn is a physicist. Uh oh.
Offline Profile Quote this post Go to Top

pence

And now we have Cullen Paidhi between the Kyo and old earth. Oh my.
And all sorts of potential mayhem 'back on the ranch'!
And a year to wait for the next episode.

ready
Member Avatar
Member Mathematicians Guild
Finished it yesterday. Posted a review on Amazon this morning. Not going to mention any spoilers until May.

joekc6nlx
Member Avatar
kendo bain sidhe
too bad the title of the thread doesn't show the "of spoilers" in the main menu....when I clicked on it, it took me right to the last post, which, guess what, has spoilers....

While I know some of you already have the book, most of us haven't even seen the notices that it's shipped......would you please be so kind as to hold off on the spoilers....no matter how innocuous....

Thank you....

Neco the Nightwraith
Member Avatar
Living the Right Life
And because this was started by Eup-ji, I have no idea what is legit and what isn't! XD

Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
OK OK can the mods change the title to "The Visitation of Spoilers" and the subtitle "This is not a joke Impulse thread"

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin
The same thing happens when a comedian does his first drama film!

I changed the title for you, Eup.

Aja Jin
Member Avatar
number one good, A ?
"All right. Let's talk about salads."

:rofl:

Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
Even though I had strongly inkled that this was where the kyo thread was going, when Bren stepped up to that cell and saw what was inside, the bottom dropped out of my stomach just like it did Bren's.

Top notch Cherryh. Not an emotional step wrong in this book.

Kokipy

Ok, I just got to the point where Bren is creating a translation program a la the one pyanfar used for Tully.

Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
And I have to say that the kyo have saintly patience and understanding not at minimum to have blasted the Alpha Station and Phoenix to smithereens and sterilized the planet's surface. That, at least, is quite likely what humans might have done, in an existential survival conflict.

natizahl
Member Avatar

So, I finished the first wide eyed read of Visitor! :UFO Now, as Bren says in this book, I have to reread Visitor and parse it for the smallest details. :read This book is triggering a major reread of the series for me, not just the last 4 books. One of :cherryh:'s best written books of the series imho! I can't wait to read everyone else's comments!

The children's situations and futures all look to be Extremely complex, especially Irene's and Bjorn's! And what are those Guild Observers thinking of this situation with the Kyo...?

BeulahBelle
Icewine and Opals
I agree - one of the best. Loved it! Why do I keep thinking there was someone named Cullen connected with the Mazianni ... ? But I've looked and I can't find any reference.

Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
It was interesting where she's going with the character of Braddock. So far he's basically been a cartoon villain, and even in Visitor, he doesn't exactly come off well...but not as a completely irrational or ill-meaning person. In fact, someone with some justification for some of his choices, and even rationality given that Ramirez apparently didn't tell him everything.

But now it puts the original Phoenix navigational accident in a new light. Was it even an accident?

agricola
Member Avatar

OMG.

OTOH - hey! Back in Foreigner it was made pretty clear that there were no visible recognizable stars ANYWHERE - and now it is obvious that there must be a boatload of them in easy distance? What gives?

Also, poor Bren. What a heavy secret to hold.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Cherryh Grove · Next Topic »
Add Reply