Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Shejidan. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Technical Questions Answered; about this site and invisionfree
Topic Started: Dec 8 2006, 04:35 PM (37,190 Views)
Theta9
Member Avatar
Muffin Top
Citizen of the Association
Does this board automatically expire posts that get too old? I looked into an empty forum and got this message:

Quote:

No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off. 

:unsure:
Offline Profile Quote this post Go to Top

the mule
Member Avatar
Paidhi-Aiji
Admin
More likely because we haven't put any threads in that particular forum yet. Remember this is still a test site and until the final votes are in we may not populate everything

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin
Either there are no posts in that thread or they are more than a month old. If the latter is the case, there is a small window or button at the bottom of the screen that will allow you to pull up older threads.

If this is a problem, I can change the settings so that they show all of the threads regardless of age.

Theta9
Member Avatar
Muffin Top
the mule,Dec 8 2006
04:37 PM
More likely because we haven't put any threads in that particular forum yet. Remember this is still a test site and until the final votes are in we may not populate everything

I understand that it didn't have any posts yet. I am asking if this forum will expire old posts automatically, because the phrase "age cut-off date" was used.

I find it distressing that old posts will not be kept, if that is indeed the case.

Neco the Nightwraith
Member Avatar
Living the Right Life
That was always something about InvisionFree that bugged me: it's habit of putting away the older threads when, dammit! I need to look for them. And even when I set it to "Show all topics" it doesn't the moment I navigate anywhere.

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin
By retired, they are simply not shown, but when you change the setting at the bottom of the screen, they will show up again. The are not deleted, just not shown.

Eupathic Impulse
Member Avatar
Senior Bujavid Security
One problem with the EZBoard site now that it's folding up is that it seems that it's not easy to export the archives. Is it easier here? It may be too late now but using a solution that's based in something that can be used anywhere, like phpBB forum software, might have been better, in case we eventually have to abandon *this* site in another gazillion years.

selden
Member Avatar
TaCom Astronomical Division Commander
I just realized that the Invision's clock is off by an hour.
I had to change my "timezone" setting to the next one to the west in order to get the correct times displayed.

Can this be reported to their powers-that-be?
Can they be persuaded to fix it?

Those are, of course, two entirely different questions ;)

Sidebar:
I tried to use the Search form in the header to find where I should post technical problems. Sorry: but some of the forum titles and subtitles are just a little too obscure. At any rate, it explained that their search function is not functioning and provided a generic Google search page. It was unable to find posts that I knew existed :( Perhaps Google does not yet have access to Malguri?

Although not a move-stopper, not being able to find postings can make things awkward.

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin

Quote:

Is daylight savings time in effect?
(If you have selected the correct time zone and the clock appears an hour out, check or uncheck box to suit)

I must ask if you checked that little box. To find this quote, go to my controls => board settings => time zone

selden
Member Avatar
TaCom Astronomical Division Commander
Sorry: you're right. I misread the Controls entry as meaning "does your timezone use DST" in the generic sense: most Fora automatically compensate and don't require that box to be checked and unchecked periodically. :(

barleysmama
willing slave a a very bouncy kitten
I just used Spence- ji's directions to get to my clock controls. I had been wondering why I was always online at weird times and it turned out that I was on Dublin time!

I must say Invision is easier to navigate than ezbored was.

Aja Jin
Member Avatar
number one good, A ?
is "View New Posts" broken ?

I get:

Code:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

:bath

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin
It works, but you'll get that message if there are no new messages since the last time you logged on.

Rosimi
Member Avatar
Atevi Citizen
A question... I haven't been able to log in to the ezboard site at all for a few days, though I can reach parts of it through other links. I understand that Shejidan is relocating (anyone remember Cities In Flight?) When someone has a moment, would you please post a brief outline of what's going on and when? I hadn't finished reading all the historical postings, and I hope that will still be possible.
Thanks ever so much.

hrhspence
Member Avatar
Hani Assassin
Admin
Simi-ji,

I was able to post on the Shejidan site less than a minute before I started writing this post. I have no idea why you cannot.

It (Shejidan) is still our official site. Malguri is, at this posting, still an experimental site to see what invisionfree is like. There is a poll at Shejidan to see what the members think. If the Shejidan admin decide to accept this site, then they will announce it some time in the next 3 weeks and the name, here, will be changed to Shejidan to keep with our history and tradition. We will then start moving the archives to where ever we end up. That will be a fun process I am sure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News from the Aiji's staff · Next Topic »
Add Reply